Rodney Huntley for Birmingham Board of Education District #4
My Vision for Birmingham City Schools is: We work to be the best system in the state in all areas
As your School Board Member, I will:1. Work diligently With the Superintendent on behalf of the public
2. Work with my fellowBoard Members members to promote policies and programs that positively address the concerns and needs of Birmingham City Schools.
3. Work within the School System to ensure that every Child in Birmingham has an opportunity for a quality education and to ensure that every child is considered a valuable asset and is pushed to his/her fullest potential. I will also work with parents to equip them with the resources needed to help them assist their children's growth and development in every area.
4. Work with the Transit System/Birmingham to find ways to build a system that will cynergisticly serve the citizens and students
5. Work with the Neighborhood and Community Associations in their quest for quality of life for their communities. And I will always be available to the associations in my district.
6. Work with other governmental agencies to accomplish joint goals that will be beneficial to all.
7. Always work in the best interest of Birmingham Schools and citizens of Birmingham. And if while doing this work I disagree with my fellow worker, I will do so in a courteous manner.
8. Work with and assist our nonprofit organizations that do so much for our communities.
Alabama State Prison System Employee for 27 years, currently Warden II - (retired)
Education: Birmingham Public School System, AAS Criminal Justice Jefferson State Community College
BS Human Resources Faulkner University
MS Management Faulkner University
President Maple Grove Neighborhood Association
Vice President Airport Hills Community
Past Member FOP Lodge #8
Past Member Alabama Council on Crime and Delinquency